North Carolina State junior Lauren Olivares Leon almost shot 59 on Monday on the Cougar Traditional, however she settled for a chunk of historical past anyway.
Olivares Leon carded an 11-under 60 within the first spherical of the school girls’s occasion at Yeamans Corridor Membership in Charleston, South Carolina, making 13 birdies within the course of. She additionally had two bogeys on the 6,269-yard Seth Raynor format.
Dwell scoring initially credited Olivares Leon with a 59, although when she formally signed her card, her rating was corrected on-line to point out a par on the par-4 seventh gap, not a birdie.
Although she didn’t break 60, Olivares Leon, who’s ranked No. 182 within the World Newbie Golf Rating, nonetheless grew to become the NCAA document holder for 18-hole rating. Previous to Olivares Leon’s 60, 5 NCAA girls’s golfers shared the earlier document of 61:
- Denver’s Anna Zanusso, 2020 Westbrook Invitational
- Ole Miss’ Julia Johnson, 2019 Battle on the Seashore
- Gonzaga’s Bianca Pagdanganan, 2017 Pizza Hut/Pat Hicks Thunderbird Invite
- Colorado’s Esther Lee, 2016 Dick McGuire Invitational
- Stanford’s Mariah Stackhouse, 2013 Peg Barnard Invitational
No males’s school golfer has shot 59, although 17 have carded 60, most just lately Auburn’s Ryan Eshleman finally fall’s Maui Jim Intercollegiate.