Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers are constantly monitoring player prices and transfers to stay ahead in the game. This weekly roundup will provide insights into which players have seen significant price changes, both rising and falling, and also highlight the most-transferred players. Let’s dive into the latest FPL news and how these price changes affect managers.
5 October Price Changes
1. Levi Colwill (Chelsea) £4.6m
2. James Maddison (Spurs) £8.0m
3. Jarrod Bowen (West Ham) £7.3m
4. Pedro Neto (Wolves) £5.7m
1. Jefferson Lerma (Crystal Palace) £4.7m
2. Anel Ahmedhodzic (Sheff Utd) £4.3m
The latest price changes on 5 October saw several players rise and fall in value. Managers need to keep a close eye on these fluctuations to optimize their team’s budget.
How Price Changes Affect Managers
Player price changes can have a significant impact on FPL managers’ strategies. Rising player prices can provide opportunities for profit if managers own those players, while falling prices can be a warning sign to consider transferring them out.
Most-Transferred Players for Gameweek 8
Most Transfers In
1. Son (TOT) – 658,693 transfers
2. Watkins (AVL) – 639,344 transfers
3. Cash (AVL) – 450,683 transfers
4. Maddison (TOT) – 351,537 transfers
5. Trippier (NEW) – 297,365 transfers
Most Transfers Out
1. Estupinan (BHA) – 590,698 transfers
2. Rashford (MUN) – 395,085 transfers
3. Chilwell (CHE) – 350,408 transfers
4. Saka (ARS) – 342,263 transfers
5. Mbeumo (BRE) – 314,012 transfers
These transfer trends indicate which players are in demand and which ones are falling out of favor among FPL managers. The popularity of Son, Watkins, and Maddison is evident in their high number of transfers in.
4 October Price Changes
1. Joachim Andersen (Crystal Palace) £4.8m
2. Dan Burn (Newcastle) £4.6m
1. Odsonne Edouard (Crystal Palace) £5.5m
2. Dele Alli (Everton) £4.8m
3. Auston Trusty (Sheff Utd) £3.9m
4. Alfie Whiteman (Spurs) £3.9m
5. Thilo Kehrer (West Ham) £4.3m
The changes on 4 October continued to reflect player performances and team dynamics, causing fluctuations in player prices.
3 October Price Changes
1. Kieran Trippier (Newcastle) £6.8m
1. Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) £8.6m
2. Kieffer Moore (Bournemouth) £4.7m
3. Ben Chilwell (Chelsea) £5.5m
4. Tyrell Malacia (Man Utd) £4.3m
5. Matt Targett (Newcastle) £4.3m
6. Daniel Jebbison (Sheff Utd) £4.8m
7. Hugo Bueno (Wolves) £4.4m
The rise of Kieran Trippier’s price suggests that he is becoming a popular choice among FPL managers, while several players experienced price drops.
2 October Price Changes
1. Matty Cash (Aston Villa) £4.9m
1. Denis Franchi (Burnley) £3.9m
2. Josko Gvardiol (Man City) £5.0m
1 October Price Changes
1. Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa) £8.0m
2. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) £12.6m
3. Son Heung-min (Spurs) £9.3m
1. Ben Mee (Brentford) £4.8m
2. Bryan Mbeumo (Brentford) £6.8m
3. Julio Enciso (Brighton) £5.1m
4. James Milner (Brighton) £4.8m
5. Joao Pedro (Brighton) £5.3m
6. Malo Gusto (Chelsea) £4.2m
7. Tosin Adarabioyo (Fulham) £4.3m
8. Luis Diaz (Liverpool) £7.5m
9. Rico Lewis (Man City) £4.3m
10. Marcus Rashford (Man Utd) £8.8m
11. Alexander Isak (Newcastle) £7.5m
12. Alex Murphy (Newcastle) £3.9m
13. Morgan Gibbs-White (Nott’m Forest) £5.8m
14. Jordan Amissah (Sheff Utd) £3.9m
15. Ben Davies (Spurs) £4.3m
16. Sasa Kalajdzic (Wolves) £4.9m
17. Mario Lemina (Wolves) £4.9m
In-Depth Analysis of Notable Price Changes and Transfers
Let’s take a closer look at some of the key price changes and transfer trends that have been influencing FPL managers’ decisions in recent weeks.
Levi Colwill (Chelsea) £4.6m:
Colwill’s rise in price is a testament to his impressive performances in the Chelsea defense. FPL managers are recognizing his potential for clean sheets and bonus points.
James Maddison (Spurs) £8.0m:
Maddison’s move to Spurs has ignited interest among FPL managers. His creativity and goal-scoring ability make him an attractive midfield option.
Kieran Trippier (Newcastle) £6.8m:
Trippier’s transfer to Newcastle has boosted his popularity. His attacking prowess from the right-back position could provide valuable FPL points.
Matty Cash (Aston Villa) £4.9m:
Cash’s consistent performances in the Villa defense have earned him a price rise. He’s a budget-friendly option for those seeking a reliable defender.
Players to Watch
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) £8.6m:
Saka’s falling price may be concerning for some managers, but he remains a talented young player with the potential to bounce back. Monitor his performances closely.
Ben Chilwell (Chelsea) £5.5m:
Chilwell’s price drop could be due to competition in Chelsea’s defense. However, he is a quality full-back and may still prove to be a valuable asset.
Odsonne Edouard (Crystal Palace) £5.5m:
Edouard’s price drop doesn’t necessarily reflect his abilities. As he settles into the Premier League, he could become a differential forward option.
Son (TOT) – 658,693 transfers in:
Son’s consistent performances and involvement in Tottenham’s attack make him a popular pick for FPL managers.
Watkins (AVL) – 639,344 transfers in:
Ollie Watkins’ goal-scoring form for Aston Villa has attracted a significant number of managers. He could be a key asset in the coming weeks.
Estupinan (BHA) – 590,698 transfers out
Estupinan’s inclusion in the list of most-transferred-out players indicates that managers are looking for defensive alternatives in their teams.
Rashford (MUN) – 395,085 transfers out:
Marcus Rashford’s struggles for form at Manchester United have led to a substantial number of managers parting ways with him.
Strategies for Managers
Budget Management: FPL managers should prioritize budget management to accommodate rising players like James Maddison and Kieran Trippier while being cautious of falling assets.
Form vs. Fixtures: Consider a player’s current form and upcoming fixtures. Some players may have tough fixtures ahead, affecting their potential for FPL points.
Differentials: Look for differentials – players who are not widely owned but have the potential for high returns. They can be key differentiators in FPL mini-leagues.
Injury Updates: Stay updated on player injuries and suspensions, as they can impact a player’s FPL performance and value.
Fixture Swing: Analyze fixture swings for teams. Some clubs may have a favorable run of fixtures, making their players attractive options.
Captaincy Choices: Consider captaincy options carefully. Captaining the right player can be a game-changer in FPL.
Staying informed about player price changes and transfer trends is crucial for Fantasy Premier League managers. The fluctuations in player values can impact team budgets and overall team performance. Managers must adapt their strategies based on these price movements to maintain a competitive edge in the FPL. Keep an eye on rising stars and be cautious of players experiencing price falls as you navigate the world of Fantasy Premier League. Read More